Friday, January 25, 2008

When Pigs Fly



We be famous my sister and me! My sister, my Mom and myself had a folk art and primitive shop called When Pigs Fly in Mount Dora for several years. We sold it about 6 years ago. We were lucky enough to be featured in Country Almanac Magazine.....it was a very exciting and rewarding time in our lives. Mom was so excited she had the article framed, see pics! Even though we have moved on to other careers, we still are drawn to that style and the treasure hunting that goes along with it. You can visit my sisters blog at Mockingbird Hill and my Mom at Pie in the Sky Studio.

7 comments:

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I love the name of the store you once had. What a kick! Famous....that's you girls.:)

Thanks so much for visiting me and entering my blog GIVE AWAY!

xo Lidy

Anonymous said...

Oh I would of loved this store! I collect Flying Pigs! they are on my shelf in my studio!!! Thanks for visiting my blog! please come back anytime and visit! Have a wonderful day!!!
Toodles-
Sarah

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

What an adorable shop!!!!!! Love the name, too! Looks like the best way to spend time with your sister!

xo
Becky

Susie Q said...

Oh what fun to have such memories...
I used to work in a country shop and loved it. We were in VA. To own one must have been very rewarding but I know it is an enormous amount of work! To be with your sister must have been so sweet!
AND your pretty mom too!
I have come to love Cassie so through her blog...now I have the chance to meet you! Such a treat!

Hugs,
Sue

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

How precious are ya'll!

Robin said...

I love your store. I haven't been to Mount Dora in a while and will have to come and visit you guys again before Christmas.
Your blog is great.

Anonymous said...

Hello. Great job. I did not expect this on a Wednesday. This is a great story. Thanks!