Thursday, June 26, 2008

Waz up??????

Everyday I say to myself, " I need to take a pic of that for the blog, or I need to blog this or that....". But as you can see by my not so regular posts it just never gets done. I take the pics...but that's the end of it, but as Elvis says..."You were always on my mind. I , again, am going to try and catch up...sit back this is going to be a long rambling post and who knows where it will lead.....Let's see where to start.....
This past weekend my sis and I , Cass over at Mockingbird Hill and I went to our family reunion on my Dad's side of the family...my dear Dad passed in 1984 so Cass and I still try and keep in contact with what is left of his family. Anywho...my dad grew up in North Florida in Malone, near Two Egg, yes,that really is a name of a town. Both towns are near Marianna, about an hour Northwest of Tallahassee. The reunion was held in Malone at a place called The Joy Club. we visited with our Great Aunt Pearl who is 87.

Other than the whole Popeye thing I have going on with my left eye, it's a pretty good pic of the three of us all in all.
There was sooooo much good ole' southern food there it was a treat for sure!

1 comment:

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Dawn, you do not have a Popeye left eye! I love those family get togethers....everyone brings their very best dish and it ends up being the most wonderful dinner EVER! It's good to have you back, xxoo, Dawn